1 1/2 cups whole spelt flour
1 1/2 tsp. aluminum free baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
3 organic eggs
1/2 cup grape seed oil / peanut oil
1/2 cup agave / maple syrup
3 1/2 cups coarsely grated carrots
1/3 cup dried papaya
1/3 cup dried apricot
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Mix the eggs and the agave / maple syrup in a mixer bowl.
2. Gradually add the oil , and continue to stir.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and soda. Add the spices and stir well.
4. Add the flour mixture to the eggs, and mix until you get a smooth mixture.
5. Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the carrots, dried fruit and walnuts, and stir everything together. Transfer the batter to a pan and bake at 350F (180C) for about 45-60 min. until a toothpick comes out clean.