1/2 cup rye flour
1/4 + 2 tbsp oat bran
1/4 + 2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tbsp brown rice syrup
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup warm espresso
10 pitted dates soaked in warm water without shell
8 chopped figs
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder aluminum free
3/4 tsp baking soda
1. First, heat the milk over low heat.
2. Add the espresso, figs and dates.
3. In a bowl mix the flour, bran, baking powder and soda, and set aside.
4. Pour the rice syrup and oil into a food processor and run until you get a light cream.
5. Add the flour mixture, and mix well.
6. Add the figs and dates with milk and espresso, run for one minute.
7. Add the nuts and stir with a wooden spoon. Transfer to a pan.
8. Bake at 390F (200C) for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.