1/4 cup warm tea (I use vanilla flavored tea)
1 tbsp brown rice syrup
2 tbsp dry yeast
3 mashed bananas
1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
1/3 cup brown rice syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups spelt flour
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp tahini
10g melted dark chocolate 70%
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp organic cocoa powder
2 tbsp brown rice syrup
* 100g 60% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
* Brown rice syrup for brushing
1. Prepare the yeast mixture: Add the brown rice syrup to the warm tea. Sprinkle the yeast and stir quickly until they melt. Cover with a towel and set aside for 15 min.
2. Mix in a mixer bowl the bananas, milk, rice syrup and vanilla.
3. Gradually add the flour, and run on high speed until the dough is mixed well.
4. Flour the surface and transfer the dough. Knead it, and return to the bowl. Wrap in plastic wrap and a towel and place in a damp and warm place for an hour. 5. When the dough is ready, take it out the bowl and divide into 2 pieces.
6. In the meantime, melt the chocolate with coconut oil, and remaining ingredients (except the chopped chocolate).
7. Flatten the dough and pour half of the chocolate over. Sprinkle the chopped chocolate, and you can add walnuts or any other extras.
8. Roll the dough, then slice it with a sharp knife. 9. Connect the two ends and make a braid. Place the braid into a greased mold. Repeat with remaining half of dough. Wrap the two molds with plastic wrap and put them in a damp place, and let it rise again for 30 minutes.
10. Bake the cakes at 380F (190C) for 40-45 minutes.
11. Take the cake out of the oven and brush it with maple syrup.