2 cups Spelt / Rye flour
1 organic egg
1 tsp baking powder
4 ½ tsps ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
50g coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
100g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Mix the flour, salt, ginger and baking powder.
2. Melt the coconut oil and leave to cool. Add the honey and stir. Once cooled a little more add the egg and beat everything together.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into dry, and mix into a smooth mixture.
4. Add the chopped chocolate.
5. Create cookies.
6. Bake at 360F (180C) for 10-15 minutes.
This time we visited the Fortwenger Gingerbread Museum (Strasbourg, Alsace).
This was a great change for me to learn about the Christmas tradition and the Gingerbread legend, to taste different types of Gingerbread cakes and cookies, and learn from the best. Now it’s time to make it the Bake-Care healthy way 😉