1/2 cup + 1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp chai Masalhah / almond milk
2 tbsp grapeseed oil / any other healthy oil
150g Spelt flour
50g almond flour
1 tap cinnamon
1 tsp Coriander (turmeric powder)
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp anise
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1/2 cup Almond paste
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tbsp agave
1 tbsp lemon juice
* Brush with cappuccino
1. Mix the honey, chai / milk and oil over low heat until honey completely melted.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, spelt flour and spices.
3. unite the flour mixture with honey in a mixer bowl . When all the ingredients come together, increase the speed and add flour. Stir until the dough is smooth.
4. Remove the dough on a floured surface and knead gently. It’s not easy, because the dough is very sticky, but if you flour your hands every time, it will work. Form it into a ball, cover with a plastic wrap, and refrigerate for an hour.
5. When the dough has stabilized in the refrigerator, remove it and divide into 2 balls. Roll out the first part, and set aside. 6. Mix all the ingredients of the marzipan together with a spoon until you get a real mixture like dough. Place over the dough. Roll out to cover the whole area.
7. Roll out the second part of the dough, and place over the marzipan.
8. Using cookie cutter, cut out the shapes about 1-2 cm.
9. Brush with cappuccino.
10. Bake at 360 F (180C) for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Do not overcook!
11. Remove from the oven and brush again with cappuccino.