1/4 cup almond flour
1 1/2 cups spelt flour
1/4 cup agave syrup (or Honey for Paleo version)
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1 organic egg
1 vanilla bean
1. In a food processor: grind the almond and spelt flour.
2. Add the melted coconut oil, and continue to mix until crumbs are formed.
3. Add the egg, vanilla and agave, stir, until the dough is smooth.
4. Grease and flour the molds, and pour in the dough. Form a beautiful shape.
5. Use a fork to make a few holes in the dough and place over the plastic wrap, and fill it with beans.
6. Bake at 162C (320 F) about 20-25 minutes.
Healthy Crème Pâtissière
240 ml almond milk
1 vanilla bean
3 organic eggs yolks
1/8 cup agave syrup (or Honey for Paleo version)
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp coconut oil tender
1. In a mixer, Beat the egg yolks and agave quickly until uniforms.
2. Gradually add the cornstarch.
3. In a small pot cook the almond milk with the vanilla bean inside.
4. Pour 3/4 hot milk into the yolks bowl, and stir.
5. Return the mixture into the pot on the stove, while stirring quickly until you get a thick cream, but not too much! caution! Do not burn!
6. Cool the cream, and cover it with a plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
7. Before using, it is better to scramble again to refresh the cream.
8. Drizzle the cream on the tartlets.
Caramelized pears in red wine;
3 – 4 small or medium pears
1/2 lemon Zest of
1 lemon (thick)
1 cup red wine
1 cup water
2 1/2 Tbsp agave syrup (or Honey for Paleo version)
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp cranberries or frozen raspberries
1 Tbsp organic cane sugar
1. Peel the pears and slice into pieces.
2. In a medium skillet cook the wine, agave, vanilla and water on low heat.
3. Wait until the mixture would boil. And add the lemon zest to the pan.
4. Transfer the pears to the pan and continue to stir and cook another 20 minutes. Occasionally mix.
5. When the mixture comes to a boil, remove the pears and set aside.
6. Squeeze juice from -1/2 lemon into the sauce.
7. Add the sugar and the cranberries or the raspberries, and keep cooking until the syrup is ready.
8. Decorate the tartlets with pears, and cover with syrup.